Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Fun of It

Back in June, an old friend asked me to paint up her son & three of his friends for his birthday one afternoon. Each picked a different Transformer, and then when I headed home, they were all headed to the theater to see the movie! The kids were really rambunctious, so it's not my best work, but it was great fun and they LOVED it. One kid asked if I was going to the movies with them, which I thought was really sweet. Here are shots of the boys with their inspiration.

I loved that the boys took on their characters almost instantly...

The best part was after the party, when the birthday boy's mom emailed me:

"Larissa, thanks again for the face painting and the pics you sent over. I was so tired yesterday after everyone left......I slept all day!!!!!! LOL!!!! The boys were hysterical.....of course they attracted a lot of attention at the movie theater and I'm glad you gave me some business cards because I handed them out. :-) While the movie was playing, every time one of the boys' "characters" appeared on the screen, they were screaming "Kevin!!! That's you!!!!' etc. SOOOOOOO funny! I will be emailing you this afternoon all the pictures I took, although the ones you sent over look great!!! :-) Thanks again!!!"

And that's the fun of it, really. Happy kids getting out of themselves and taking on characters, playacting as kids should.

1 comment:

  1. What an incredibly creative birthday party idea! The painting looks great. I would tell you which one is my favorite, but I don't know the names of the characters. How about 3rd one down.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails