Monday, November 2, 2015

And Halloween Rolls Around Again

My favorite holiday has come and gone again, and I was busy!  I'm actually kind of happy for November, because I've been crazy this October, culminating in the last two weekends.

First, one very cool friend with a birthday close to Halloween threw herself a Halloween themed 40th birthday party.  So... I brought out the zombie version of me.


Then on Friday, I cohosted a Halloween party for nearly 100 people, so out came a Day of the Dead version of me.


It was pretty cool, because in addition to my face, I got to wear the gown I wore as my sister's maid of honor again, with some roses added.  No shots of that, unfortunately.  And sadly, I handed my Spanish fan to Eric when we were carrying food into the house, and I completely forgot to take it back from him, so it spent the evening in his jacket pocket.  Boo.

And then on Halloween itself, I went easy on myself and was just an '80s rocker chick.  Everything except my jeans were legitimate '80s vintage and every item (except the Aquanet & scrunchy) was out of my own closets and jewelry box, so I'm not sure when my own clothes became a Halloween costume, but it made life easy!


And in between all of that, there were the appointments.  On Friday, a mother and son got done to go to a Trunk or Treat.



My Paul Stanley was ecstatic with his face (which when you're dealing with a 12-year-old boy already was huge), and then even more so when he won best costume at the Trunk or Treat!  Woohoo!

On Saturday, in the afternoon I had a couple I'd painted back in 2009, the last time Halloween fell on a Saturday!  They initially came that Friday morning, for a pre-work painting.  They were so happy that they came back again that Saturday, and brought a friend too!  We've stayed in touch all these years, and each year they've made appointments for Halloween paintings, only to be forced to cancel for various reasons.  But not this year!  This year, not only did they come back, but one gave me ideas with her Medusa headband.


And her husband!  Her husband actually shaved half his moustache, beard, and head for this painting!  Seriously!



That was just awesome!

And then in the evening, a new couple came over so I could paint the husband in a skull face.



He was so happy with all the compliments he got when they went into the city, that he sent me this photo!


Spooky!

And then on Sunday I painted at a restaurant, but I'll need to tell you all about that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails