Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Fifth Anniversary

It's hard to believe, but yesterday was my 5th year painting at the Tribeca Film Festival in NYC!  I was at my usual spot on Duane Street, and had a blast with all the creative ideas and the awesome staff.  The day started off great when I found out that my first line manager of the day was a graduate of my own alma mater - Brandeis University!  Of course, I graduated in 1992, and she was class of 2014, but still.  Brandesians are Brandesians.

Anyway, it was a great day with lots and lots of face painting.  I was nonstop for the 8 hours straight, and came home exhausted, but happy.



Everyone was terrific, but there were a few real wins yesterday.  One was a boy who wanted a red and black "jaguar with stripes," and who insisted upon that even though I explained that jaguars had spots & tigers had stripes and tried to clarify whether he really wanted a tiger.  Afraid that he'd be upset at a "jaguar" that looked way too much like a tiger if I just did stripes, I told him about ligers (a real animal born of a tiger & a lion, I've seen one in person and they're beautiful) and suggested I make the first-ever, just for him tiguar with both spots and stripes.  He agreed, and when I was done even wanted red glitter.  I didn't get a photo, but I'll remember his "That's the coolest!!!" for a long, long time.

Then there was this little girl, who really wanted an octopus, while mom was lobbying for a ladybug.  Mom relented, but the girl compromised on her own with a pink octopus.  Everyone there thought this was adorable, including mom.




And then there was the girl who couldn't decide between a kitty and a butterfly, so I offered a kittyfly.  So... here's my first ever kittyfly!  It was a win!





Now it just kinda stinks that Tribeca doesn't happen again until next April!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails