Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Face Painting for Fluffies

Some women who get together socially and like to raise funds for good causes hosted a very cool event recently at the Westside Village Tavern in Ridgefield Park, NJ.  It was to benefit the Bergen County Animal Shelter in Teterboro, NJ.

 
They had a live band and a small tricky tray, plus were taking donations and had adoptable dogs there.  Not long ago, 40 puppy mill  German shepherds were rescued from an animal hospital, and the shelter had taken their adoptions on.

Apparently, the women had contracted for a face painter, but that one canceled last minute.  They'd already advertised face painting, so they were pretty under the gun to find another.  Luckily, I'd had a gig cancel on me, and one of the organizers is friends with someone who knows me, so she put us in contact and I was able to help.












It was a great turnout, and I had a ton of fun with both kids and adults.  Plus, I got to try my first ever full-face eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails