Saturday, September 24, 2011

Wow.

Several years ago, when I was a much newer face painter, I hired by the mom to work at a birthday party at Anna's Chocolates in Tappan, NY.  It was a great place, where the kids got to make their own chocolate candies and lollipops as part of the party.  I remember the party well, as I was impressed with the shop and wanted to maybe have one of my own birthday parties there... and also because it was a crazy situation where I was hired for "10" kids and 25 showed up.  I had one hour in which to paint 'em, so I really had to race.

And then it left my mind.

Fast forward to last month, when I got a call from a woman named Anna.  Of Anna's chocolates.  It was now 4 years later, Anna no longer had the chocolate shop, but she did have a daughter turning 3.  And the daughter wanted a face painter.

She hadn't kept my card.

She wracked her brain for a day, thinking about it, and actually remembered my name and found me online.  Crazy, no?  Crazy, I tell you.  Wow.  I honestly don't know whether to be more flattered or impressed.  I'm kind of both.

So last weekend, I did face painting and glitter tattoos and face painting at the kiddo's party.  No photos, sorry.  It was fun, though, very nice kids.  And the great idea of having two pinatas, one princess one and one pirate.  Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails