Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hermitage Craft Show

On Saturday, I had a booth at the Hermitage Craft Show in Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ. It was a beautiful day, and I had high hopes. Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot of foot traffic, but I did get some great painting in, sparse as it was.

This was my first customer of the day, a fellow vendor who's very talented sister is an artist and a singer. I'm jealous of the singing talent, for sure. All she asked was that I match the purple eyeshadow she was already wearing. I love it when someone picks "artist's choice!"

This next cutie wanted a Batman face, and let me take a photo, since I've revised the way I do it in recent months. The common element between the face below and the one above is the use of shimmer powders; they really just make a face work.

I brought my temporary tattoo kit with me in case of inclement weater when the water-resistant tattoos make more sense than face painting.


As it turns out, we had a beautiful, sunny day, but I did end up doing a few tattoos anyway, like this one.


While I had time to myself in between customers, I couldn't resist doodling. First, I tried out a more delicate design...

And then I had a little fun inventing this monster...

Again, the shimmer powder came through for sparkle and shading. I know I'm being too self-congratulatory, but I'm excited about this guy. How cute is he?

My last customer of the day was a terrific young man who decided on a dinosaur.

All in all, I was just glad to be out in the sun and painting, and even more glad for the smiles I got in return. There's just nothing like it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails